Language Assistant based in Beijing, EUCOSH
- 发布时间：2013-11-19 13:19:15 | 点击数量：1724
EU-funded project “Technical Assistance for the EU-China Project on Occupational Safety and Health in High-Risk Sectors”
offers vacancy for:
Language Assistant (translator/interpreter)
The project is implemented by a consortium of EU and Chinese institutions led by GVG e.V., Köln, Germany. The office staff will be employed by the North China Institute for Science and Technology (NCIST) as consortium partner of GVG e.V.
Background information and overall objective of the EUCOSH project
The project aims to provide technical assistance to the development of China's capacity at all levels to design and enforce an effective OSH strat-egy based on the principles of prevention and direct involvement of workers in risk management. The beneficiary is the State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS). The assistance includes the provision of adequate expertise, know-how, best practices and support.
The project consists of two main components:
1. Support to Capacity Building for policy formulation, regulatory strengthening and more effective inspections systems.
This component includes a comparative analysis and gap analysis on legislative and policy documents, the organization of workshops, seminars and conferences, the development and promotion of triangular dialogue on OSH matters, and setting up communication strategies.
This component includes train the trainer manuals, training in pilot regions in selected provinces, trainings in Europe and awareness raising activities.
The project will focus on 3 selected high–risk sectors: Coal Mining, Non-coal Mining and Chemical Industry.
Position of Language Assistant (28,5 Months)
Support to the Team Leader and expert team in terms of interpretation during trainings, workshops, seminars, meetings, as well as translation of technical (OSH) documents. If necessary s/he will also assist the TL, Training Expert (KE 2) and the Short Term Experts in all administrative, organ-isational and logistical matters, and take care of a smooth running of the project activities.
Tasks: Translation e.g. of materials, guidelines, or contracts; interpretation e.g. during training programs, workshops and meetings. S/He will fur-thermore support the Office Manager on administrative and organisational issues when needed.
Profile: Excellent command of English and Chinese; experience in consecutive and simultaneous interpretation and translation; profound knowl-edge in the field of Occupational Health and Safety, particularly in the fields of coal/non-coal mining, chemical industry is preferable. Good organisational and communication skills; high sense of responsibility; flexibility regarding working time and travelling; a relevant (university) degree.
Availability as of December 1, 2013;
Location: Beijing, China.
Please send your CV in English with an application letter in English per email to:
Mr Vahapassi, Project Team Leader (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) indicating the position of interest, by December 1, 2013. Please also indicate as reference: “EUCOSH”
- Senior Finance Officer(Urumqi), Save the children
- Program Officer based in Beijing, China Development Brief
- Project Associate based in Beijing, PAE Halo
- Two Vacancies, British Council Beijing
- lead analysts, China Policy
- Two Vacancies Based in Beijing, WSPA
- UNV Project Associate based in Beijing, UN Volunteers
- Project manager based in Chengdu, Save the Children
- Director based in Hong Kong, PCD
- Several positions based in Beijing, DEVELOPMENT Solutions
- Communications and Constituency Officer based in Beijing, IUCN
- UN Coordination Assistant based in Beijing, UN Volunteers